© Jan Baldwin
Sophie Dahl's Iced Tea
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN plus cooling
- SERVINGS: Makes 8 cups
Sophie Dahl loves to make iced teaespecially using Earl Grey flavored with lavender.
More Iced Tea Recipes
- 8 and 1/4 cups boiling water
- 6 Earl Grey tea bags
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers (or 6 lavender Earl Grey tea bags)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Lavender or mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a very large heatproof measuring cup, combine 8 cups boiling water with the tea bags and dried lavender flowers; let steep for 10 minutes. Strain the tea and let cool. In a heatproof bowl, combine the sugar with the remaining 1/4 cup boiling water and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the sugar syrup to the tea and let cool. Serve the tea in tall ice-filled glasses, garnished with lavender or mint sprigs.
NotesTo Buy the Tea Dahl likes the Mariage Frères Earl Grey ($20 for 30 bags; deananddeluca.com).