- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light yellow miso
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a bowl, whisk the canola oil, vinegar, miso, ginger, sesame oil, honey, lime zest and lime juice until smooth. Season with salt.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with 3 tablespoons of the miso dressing and season with salt. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring, until the tomatoes are charred in spots. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Cook the soba in boiling water just until al dente, 4 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water. Add the soba, scallions and half of the remaining dressing to the tomatoes and toss well. Season with salt; transfer to a platter and garnish with the sesame seeds. Serve with the remaining dressing.
The tomatoes can be roasted and refrigerated overnight. Rewarm before using.
A brisk Australian Riesling.