Soba Noodle Salad with Smoked Duck
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3/4 pound soba noodles
- 7 tablespoons peanut oil
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 pound smoked duck or chicken, cut into thick matchsticks
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, sliced
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the soba noodles until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss the cooked noodles with 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the soy sauce together with the rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and hot sauce. Slowly whisk in the remaining 6 tablespoons of peanut oil. Add the noodles to the dressing, and toss to coat. Add the duck and chives, garnish with the scallions and serve at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.