- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons silken tofu
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 cup snow peas (3 ounces)
- 8 cups loosely packed mesclun (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup cut chives (in 1-inch lengths)
- 2 ounces enoki mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped chervil or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, puree the tofu with the olive oil, tamari, rice vinegar, lemon juice, ginger and sesame oil. Scrape the dressing into a bowl and season with salt.
- In a small saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the snow peas for 30 seconds. Drain and pat dry, then slice lengthwise into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the mesclun with the snow peas, chives, enoki mushrooms, chervil and basil. Add the tofu dressing and toss again. Transfer to plates and serve.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Stir the dressing before using.
One Serving 84 cal, 4 gm fat, 0.4 gm saturated fat, 6 gm carb, 2 gm fiber.