- 2 stalks of green garlic, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas, trimmed, some chopped and some left whole
- 6 white button mushrooms, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup torn mint or small mint leaves
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, combine the green garlic and olive oil and bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat until the garlic is very tender, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool completely. Strain the oil into a small bowl; transfer the green garlic to a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice and dill and slowly whisk in the reserved oil until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the snap peas with 3/4 cup of the vinaigrette. Transfer to a platter and scatter the mushrooms on top. Garnish with the mint and serve with the remaining vinaigrette.
The green garlic-dill vinaigrette can be refrigerated for 2 days.
Juicy sparkling wine, such as a pét-nat.