- 2 thick slices of bacon, halved crosswise and rolled into cylinders
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 portobello mushroom, stemmed and cap quartered
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and halved lengthwise
- 4 pitted prunes
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 large supple ancho chile, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
How to make this recipe
Thread the ingredients onto skewers. Brush the kebabs with oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are charred in spots, about 15 minutes; let cool slightly. Remove the ingredients from the skewers and transfer them to a blender.
Add the wine vinegar, light brown sugar, and water and puree until smooth. Season with salt.
The sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.