Smoky Steak Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 2 thick slices of bacon, halved crosswise and rolled into cylinders
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 portobello mushroom, stemmed and cap quartered
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and halved lengthwise
- 4 pitted prunes
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 large supple ancho chile, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Thread the ingredients onto skewers. Brush the kebabs with oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are charred in spots, about 15 minutes; let cool slightly. Remove the ingredients from the skewers and transfer them to a blender.
- Add the wine vinegar, light brown sugar, and water and puree until smooth. Season with salt.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.