- 1/2 pound thickly sliced applewood-smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds leeks, white and tender green parts only, sliced crosswise 3/4 inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Heat a large skillet. Add the bacon and cook over moderate heat until crisp around the edges, about 6 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate and wipe out the skillet.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over high heat until starting to brown. Reduce the heat to moderate, add the leeks and cook, stirring, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Return the bacon to the skillet and toss. Season with salt and pepper and serve.