- 2 pounds tomatoes, halved crosswise
- Four 1-inch-thick slices of white bread, such as ciabatta, crusts removed and
bread cubed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup smoked olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- 4 seedless green grapes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon roasted almonds, chopped
Using a box grater, coarsely grate the cut sides of the tomato halves over a medium bowl until all that remains are the tomato skins; discard the skins. Add the bread cubes and toss with the tomatoes. Transfer the tomato mixture to a food processor and let stand for 15 minutes until the bread is soft.
Pulse the tomato mixture with the grated garlic and vinegar until smooth. With the machine on, gradually add in the 1/4 cup of smoked olive oil.
Strain the salmorejo through a fine sieve into a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until very cold, at least 1 hour or overnight.
Serve the soup in bowls and garnish with the grapes, almonds and a drizzle of smoked olive oil.