- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Located in the center of the venture-capital universe, the Rosewood Sand Hill Hotel in Menlo Park, California, is the after-work hangout of choice for digital entrepreneurs. This smoky mix of popcorn and Japanese rice crackers from hotel chef Peter Rudolph is a favorite bar snack.
More Tasty Snack Recipes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons popping corn
- 1 teaspoon smoked hot Spanish paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and kept warm
- 1/2 cup Japanese furikake mix (see Note)
- 2 cups Japanese mixed rice crackers
- Kosher salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the oil and popcorn, cover and cook over moderate heat until it starts to pop. Shake the pan and cook until the corn stops popping.
- Transfer the hot popcorn to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the paprika and sugar and toss well. Drizzle with the butter and toss, adding the furikake and rice crackers. Season with salt, toss again and serve.
Furikake is a seasoning mix that includes seaweed, sesame seeds, sugar, salt and dried bonito (dried fish flakes).