Smoky-Hot Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 10 dried red chiles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken, cornstarch and wine; let stand for 1 hour.
- In a wok, heat the oil. Add the chiles and stir-fry them over moderate heat until they begin to darken, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a plate.
- When the oil in the wok is shimmering, add half of the chicken; stir-fry over high heat until the chicken pieces are lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken to the plate with the chiles. Repeat with the second batch.
- Return the chicken and chiles to the wok. Add the chopped ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and stir-fry until the chicken is lightly caramelized, about 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar and chives and stir-fry until the sauce is just thickened, about 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
Off-dry German Riesling.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.