- 3 medium shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 large ripe Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
How to make this recipe
Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the oil and then add the shallots. Cook until soft and marginally charred, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
With the tip of a knife, cut each avocado half into a 1/2-inch grid, being careful not to cut through the skin. Scoop out the avocado into a bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork until it is nearly at your desired consistency.
Stir in the charred shallots, lime juice, paprika, chipotle, salt, and pepper.
Gently fold in the tomatoes. Serve immediately or else press a piece of plastic wrap flush into the top of the guacamole, refrigerate, and serve preferably within 24 hours.