- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ears of corn
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. In a bowl, mix the butter with the Parmesan and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Strip the husks from each ear of corn and remove the silks. Using kitchen string, tie the husks together at the end of each ear to form a handle.
- Lightly brush the grate with oil. Grill the corn over a medium-hot fire, turning, until partially cooked, about 5 minutes. Brush the corn with the Parmesan butter and continue grilling, turning frequently and brushing with more butter, until deeply browned and tender, about 5 minutes longer. Serve at once with the remaining Parmesan butter.
The Parmesan butter can be refrigerated for 5 days.