- 2 pounds bone-in chicken drumsticks or thighs, with skin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
How to make this recipe
Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Set aside.
Whisk together the salt, paprika, chile powder, brown sugar and black pepper. Rub the chicken with the spice mixture.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs and set aside. In another large bowl, whisk together the flour and excess spice rub.
Coat the chicken in egg and then dredge it in the flour mixture. Shake off any excess. Set the coated pieces aside and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Heat 1 inch of oil to 375° in a large frying pan or Dutch oven.
Working in small batches, gently place the chicken in the hot oil and fry on both sides until crispy and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes on each side.