Smoky Brussels Sprouts
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Marc Meyer is a fan of much-maligned brussels sprouts. He sautés them with smoky bacon, then adds sour cream for richness.
- 1 1/4 pounds brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 pound thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the brussels sprouts and cook over high heat until tender but still bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain well, reserving about 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, 7 minutes. Add the brussels sprouts and cook over moderately high heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sour cream and the reserved cooking liquid and simmer over moderate heat until the brussels sprouts are coated. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a bowl and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.