- 8 thin slices sourdough or white bread
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 smoked trout (about 4 ounces), skin and pin bones removed, flesh flaked
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ripe tomatohalved, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (about 2 ounces)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°. Brush the bread on one side with the olive oil. Using a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, cut 2 rounds from each slice. Arrange the rounds on a lightly oiled baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes, or until golden.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the trout with the mayonnaise, tomato and chives and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture onto the toasts and top with the goat cheese. Bake until heated through and serve warm.