- One 4-ounce smoked trout fillet, skin and any stray bones removed, flesh flaked
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, combine the trout, butter, dill and lemon zest. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice. Transfer the mixture to a crock.
The spread can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 1 day.
A crisp, aromatic Sauvignon Blanc: Turley's J. Fritz Sauvignon Blanc; Rochioli from California or Didier Dagueneau from France.