Smoked Trout Spread
- SERVINGS: makes about 2/3 cup
Put together this buttery spread, flavored with lemon and dill, in a matter of minutes. Serve with sesame crackers, toast or bagel chips.
- One 4-ounce smoked trout fillet, skin and any stray bones removed, flesh flaked
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- In a food processor, combine the trout, butter, dill and lemon zest. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice. Transfer the mixture to a crock.
A crisp, aromatic Sauvignon Blanc: Turley's J. Fritz Sauvignon Blanc; Rochioli from California or Didier Dagueneau from France.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.