Smoked-Trout Salad with Mustard Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
"I've never met a wine I didn't like," says Lou Amdur of Lou in L.A. One of the wackiest he's ever tasted is the amphorae-aged Vinoterra Kisi, made from the indigenous Georgian white grape Kisi. It's unexpectedly delicious with smoked fish.
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Belgian endives, leaves separated
- 1 Granny Smith apple—halved, cored and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound boneless smoked trout or whitefish, broken into pieces
- 1 cup small watercress sprigs
- In a blender, puree the shallot, vinegars and mustard. Gradually blend in the oils. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the endives, apple, walnuts, trout and watercress on plates. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Edgy Wine Apricoty Georgian Kisi.
Accessible Wine Unoaked Chardonnay.