Smoked Trout Salad with Apple and Manchego
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Pairing smoked trout with green apples creates a terrific sweet-tart-smoky combination. A little mayonnaise in the dressing gives the salad a lovely creaminess.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head of frisée, torn into bite-size pieces (3 cups)
- 1/2 pound skinless smoked trout fillets, flaked and pin bones removed
- 3 ounces Manchego cheese, coarsely shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/8-inch-thick matchsticks
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the cider vinegar and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the frisée with the trout, Manchego, apple, parsley and red onion. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Transfer the salad to plates and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.