- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Belgian endives, leaves separated
- 1 Granny Smith apple—halved, cored and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound boneless smoked trout or whitefish, broken into pieces
- 1 cup small watercress sprigs
How to make this recipe
In a blender, puree the shallot, vinegars and mustard. Gradually blend in the oils. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the endives, apple, walnuts, trout and watercress on plates. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Edgy Wine Apricoty Georgian Kisi.
Accessible Wine Unoaked Chardonnay.