© Jim Franco
Smoked Trout Hash with Potatoes and Corn
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
More Brunch Recipes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- One 10-ounce package frozen corn kernels, thawed (2 cups)
- 1 pound smoked trout fillets, skinned and torn into large flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet. Add the potatoes and cook over moderate heat, tossing, until tender and golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the scallions and onion and cook until softened. Add the corn and trout and cook, stirring, until heated through. Season the hash with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow pan of simmering water, poach the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Mound the hash on plates, top with the eggs and serve at once.
NotesOne Serving 460 calories, 20.7 gm total fat, 1.9 gm saturated fat, 26 gm carb.