Smoked Trout Hash with Potatoes and Corn
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- One 10-ounce package frozen corn kernels, thawed (2 cups)
- 1 pound smoked trout fillets, skinned and torn into large flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet. Add the potatoes and cook over moderate heat, tossing, until tender and golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the scallions and onion and cook until softened. Add the corn and trout and cook, stirring, until heated through. Season the hash with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow pan of simmering water, poach the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Mound the hash on plates, top with the eggs and serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.