Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs
- SERVINGS: 8
Pegu Club, New York City
Mixologist Audrey Saunders named her sultry cocktail lounge for a 19th-century British officers' club in Burma known for impeccable drinks.
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces skinless smoked-trout fillet, flaked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted roasted almonds
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the eggs for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse the eggs under cold water until cool. Peel the eggs and halve them lengthwise.
- Scoop the yolks from 12 of the egg halves into a bowl. (Reserve the remaining yolks for another use.) Add the trout, mayonnaise, parsley and curry powder to the bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to break up the trout. Mound the filling in the egg whites and arrange on a platter. Garnish with the almonds and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.