- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
Inspired by the classic combination of bagels with lox and cream cheese, Tory Miller devised this variation using smoked, locally raised trout and homemade English muffins. It would be equally good on other breads, such as a baguette, or even the bagel that inspired it.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus 1-inch lengths, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped drained capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 English muffinssplit, toasted and buttered
- 1/2 pound skinless smoked trout fillet, coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, shallot, chopped chives, capers and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the English muffins with the caper cream cheese. Top with the smoked trout, garnish with the chive pieces and serve.
Sparkling wine is a good choice for smoked fish like salmon, or the trout on these creamy toasts. Choose a wine with some richness to it, or the NV Chandon Extra-Dry Riche, which is a bit sweet.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.