© Pernille Pedersen
Smoked Trout and Bacon Pitas
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: makes 4 pitas
- 10 ounces thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 slices)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces skinless smoked trout fillets, flaked
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (1/2 pound), halved
- 1/4 pound frisée, torn (4 cups)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Four 7-inch pita breads
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain the bacon on paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the sour cream and mustard and season with salt and pepper. Add the bacon, smoked trout, cherry tomatoes, frisée and scallions and toss to coat. Spoon the salad into the pita breads and serve.