- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 5 fresh red chile peppers (optional)
- Light Tea-Smoking Mixture
- Spicy Remoulad Sauce or sweet-and-hot mustard
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, caraway seeds and salt with 1 cup of water. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the shrimp, cover and refrigerate fro 30 minutes; drain.
Add the chiles, if using them, to the Light Tea-Smoking Mixture. Smoke the shrimp according to the Basic Wok-Smoking Method until they are just cooked through and have a burnished look, 7 to 8 minutes. Serve with the remoulade sauce.