- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped orange zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced smoked salmon,cut into thick strips, or two 5 1/2 - to 6-ounce cans of fish, drained and broken up (see Note)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, combine the orange juice, olive oil, lemon juice and orange zest and season with salt and pepper. Add the salmon and red onion and toss to coat with the dressing. Arrange the salad on a plate and serve.
Use water-packed salmon or tuna, or try the delicious and delicate smoked whitefish.
The oily richness of smoked salmon is a classic match with the lemony-dry tartness of Champagne. Look for nonvintage bruts from Taittinger or Perrier-Jouët.