Smoked Salmon Panini
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way Richard Reddington serves this crispy, salty smoked salmon panini with a small bowl of asparagus soup.
Easy Way This delicious sandwich is good enough to stand on its own—no need for the asparagus soup.
- 8 slices brioche
- Dijon mustard, for spreading
- 8 thin slices Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a panini press. Spread 4 of the brioche slices with mustard and top each one with 1 slice of Gruyère; divide all of the smoked salmon and the lemon zest between the 4 slices. Season lightly with salt and pepper and cover with the remaining slices of Gruyère. Close the sandwiches and grill for 2 to 3 minutes, until toasted and the cheese is melted. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.