- 8 slices brioche
- Dijon mustard, for spreading
- 8 thin slices Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Heat a panini press. Spread 4 of the brioche slices with mustard and top each one with 1 slice of Gruyère; divide all of the smoked salmon and the lemon zest between the 4 slices. Season lightly with salt and pepper and cover with the remaining slices of Gruyère. Close the sandwiches and grill for 2 to 3 minutes, until toasted and the cheese is melted. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.
The toasty oak in a white Bordeaux complements the smoky salmon, or try a Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc.