- Two 8-inch square sheets of nori (dried seaweed)
- 1/2 pound sliced smoked salmon
- Sixteen 1/4-inch thick slices of peeled European cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Extra-virgin olive oil or soy sauce, for drizzling
How to make this recipe
Moisten the nori and place the sheets side by side on a work surface. Arrange half of the smoked salmon on a 10-inch-long sheet of plastic wrap. Using the wrap to guide you, roll the salmon into a tight 8-by-1-inch cylinder. Unroll the salmon cylinder onto 1 of the sheets of nori and roll up the salmon. Repeat with the remaining smoked salmon and the second sheet of nori.
Using a sharp, thin-bladed knife, cut each nori roll crosswise into 8 pieces. Set each piece on a cucumber slice, cut side up, and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle with the pepper and sesame seeds, drizzle with olive oil or soy sauce and serve.