- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup fromage blanc
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced preserved lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced brined green peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of crushed saffron threads
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 2 slices of buckwheat or spelt bread, crusts removed
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a small skillet, toast the mustard seeds over moderately high heat for 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk the fromage blanc with the mustard seeds, preserved lemon, peppercorns, mustard powder, smoked paprika and saffron. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange 2 slices of smoked salmon on each slice of bread. Cut the sandwiches into halves or quarters and top with a dollop of the preserved-lemon fromage blanc and a few cilantro leaves.