Smoked Mackerel Salad with Crunchy Vegetables
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
"The fish we eat in Denmarkmackerel, herring, salmonhave beneficial omega-3 oils," says Trina Hahnemann. Any smoked fish will work well in the sweet-salty salad here.
- 1/2 cup 2 percent plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 9 ounces smoked mackerel, skinned and flaked (2 cups)
- One 12-ounce seedless cucumber, peeled and finely diced (2 cups)
- 5 large radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- In a bowl, whisk the yogurt, horseradish, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar. Fold in the fish, cucumber, radishes, apple and chives; season with salt and pepper. Top the lettuce leaves with the salad and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.