- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1 cup minced celery
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon filé powder (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, halved
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless smoked white fish fillets, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 cups bottled clam juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Heat the olive oil in a large enameled cast-iron casserole. Add the onion, bell pepper and celery and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the bay leaves, cloves, garlic, thyme, salt, cayenne, pepper, filé and cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in the scallops, smoked fish and rice. Add the clam juice, water and Worcestershire sauce, cover and bring to a simmer.
- Bake the jambalaya for 25 minutes, or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Let the jambalaya stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Pick out the bay leaves and cloves before serving, if desired.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.