- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2 1/2 cups
At the New York City cocktail bar Pulqueria, chef Steve Menter creates this delicious guacamole with chunky mango. It's super-popular in late spring.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 dried chipotle chiles, stems discarded and chiles finely crushed
- Kosher salt
- 2 Hass avocados—halved, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 mango, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro, finely chopped, plus whole leaves, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Stir in half of the diced plum tomatoes and add the shallot, crushed chipotles and a generous pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the chiles are softened, about 5 minutes. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and let cool completely.
- Add the avocados, onion, serrano chile, lime juice and the remaining diced tomato to the bowl and stir gently. Gently fold in the diced mango and the 1 cup of chopped cilantro and season with salt. Garnish the guacamole with cilantro leaves and serve with tortilla chips.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.