- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 dried chipotle chiles, stems discarded and chiles finely crushed
- Kosher salt
- 2 Hass avocados—halved, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 mango, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro, finely chopped, plus whole leaves, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, for serving
In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Stir in half of the diced plum tomatoes and add the shallot, crushed chipotles and a generous pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the chiles are softened, about 5 minutes. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and let cool completely.
Add the avocados, onion, serrano chile, lime juice and the remaining diced tomato to the bowl and stir gently. Gently fold in the diced mango and the 1 cup of chopped cilantro and season with salt. Garnish the guacamole with cilantro leaves and serve with tortilla chips.