- 1 cup salted roasted almonds (5 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup smoked almonds (5 1/2 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- Sliced pear, apple, Asian pear, celery and fennel, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, process the roasted and smoked almonds until the nuts are just starting to become pasty. Add 3 tablespoons of the canola oil and process until smooth. Transfer the almond butter to a bowl.
- In a small skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil. Add the rosemary leaves and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until crisp, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the rosemary to a plate and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Crumble and stir half of the rosemary into the almond butter and sprinkle the rest on top. Serve with sliced pear, apple, Asian pear, celery and fennel.
The butter can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated for 1 month.