- Two 2-pound acorn squash, halved crosswise and seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Light Tea-Smoking Mixture
How to make this recipe
In a steamer basket set over 1 inch of boiling water, steam the squash halves, covered, over moderate heat until tender when pierced, about 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, maple syrup and mustard. Pour one-quarter of this mixture into the hollow of each squash half. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the butter to each and season with salt and pepper.
Smoke the squash according to the <a href="http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/light-tea-smoking-mixture">Basic Wok-Smoking Method</a>, hollow side up, for 15 minutes. Serve warm.