Smithfield Ham and Asparagus Toasts
- SERVINGS: MAKES 16 TOASTS
You'll need only the tips of the asparagus for this recipe; save the stalks for a soup, a salad or a pasta.
- 32 thin asparagus tips (2 inches in length)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 thin slices brioche loaf, crusts removed, slices halved to form triangles
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 thin slices Smithfield Ham (1/4 pound), halved crosswise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- On a grill pan, brush the asparagus tips with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Toast the brioche triangles and lightly butter them. Fold the ham slices in half and set on the toasts. Arrange the asparagus tips on top, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.