- 32 thin asparagus tips (2 inches in length)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 thin slices brioche loaf, crusts removed, slices halved to form triangles
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 thin slices Smithfield Ham (1/4 pound), halved crosswise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
How to make this recipe
- On a grill pan, brush the asparagus tips with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Toast the brioche triangles and lightly butter them. Fold the ham slices in half and set on the toasts. Arrange the asparagus tips on top, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and serve.