Smashed Potatoes with Caraway
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
When you cook potatoes this way, they get crunchy on the outside and stay creamy on the inside.
- 1 pound medium, round new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 375°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes. Discard the garlic and stir in the caraway seeds.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently press down on each potato until it cracks open. Spoon the caraway butter over the potatoes and roast for 20 minutes longer, until golden and crisp. Transfer the potatoes to a platter, garnish with the chives and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.