- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS
- SERVINGS: 8
This dish is outstanding because it can be made with less-than-perfect tomatoes.
- 3/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pitted Niçoise olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 8 large plum tomatoes, sliced crosswise 1/3 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 275°. In a mini food processor, process the basil, olive oil, olives and rosemary to a paste.
- Arrange the tomato slices on a large, rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the tapenade over each tomato slice. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, until the tomatoes are very tender. Serve hot or warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.