- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or other Asian chile sauce
- 4 1/4 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the onion with the ketchup, brown sugar, cider vinegar, molasses, mustard and sambal oelek. In a slow cooker, cover the pork with the ketchup mixture. Cook on high until the pork is very tender, about 6 hours. Transfer the pork to a work surface and, using 2 forks, shred the meat.
- Pour the sauce into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir the shredded pork into the sauce, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.