- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, combine the chicken with the scallions, ginger, garlic, samba oelek, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat a slow cooker on high until hot. Add the chicken mixture to the slow cooker and brown, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the stock, broccoli, and soy and cook until the chicken is very tender, 6 to 8 hours.
Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a simmer. Stir in the noodles and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds.