Sloppy Joe Dip
- SERVINGS: 6
Home • San Francisco
Like all the food at this aptly named San Francisco restaurant (iceberg lettuce with bacon and ranch dressing, Niman Ranch meat loaf with mashed potatoes), this hearty dip is an homage to an all-American classic, served with house-made tortilla chips in place of the usual bun.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 11/2 cups canned chopped tomatoes with their juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 11/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tortilla chips and sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the meat, breaking it up with a spoon, and cook over high heat until browned, about 7 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the jalapeño and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and celery seeds. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve hot with tortilla chips and sour cream.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.