- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- Four 3/4-inch slices of beef tenderloin, pounded 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 ounces arugula leaves (2 cups)
- 1 cup very thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 pound Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
How to make this recipe
In a shallow dish, mix 1/4 cup of the olive oil with the garlic and rosemary. Add the meat and turn to coat.
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Set a large grill pan or cast-iron skillet over high heat. When the pan is very hot, remove the meat from the marinade and season generously with salt and pepper; discard the marinade. Add the beef to the grill pan and cook until nicely browned, 30 seconds per side. Transfer to plates and top with the arugula, mushrooms and Parmesan shavings. Drizzle the dressing over the salads and serve.