- 1 medium baking potato (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
- 6 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cover the potato with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly, then peel and coarsely mash.
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds with the garlic until minced. Add the potato and pulse just until combined. With the machine on, add the oil in a slow, steady stream. Add the vinegar and process until blended. With the machine on, add the sparkling water in a slow, steady stream and process until the Skordalia is creamy. Season with salt and white pepper.
The Skordalia can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Let the Skordalia return to room temperature before serving.