Skirt Steak with Paprika Butter
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked hot paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 pounds skirt steaks
- Vegetable oil, for rubbing
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sunchoke-Kale Hash with Farro
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook over low heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the paprika and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season with salt; keep warm.
- Rub the skirt steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat until nicely charred and medium-rare, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steaks across the grain. Spoon the Sunchoke-Kale Hash with Farro onto a large platter and top with the steak. Spoon the paprika butter over the steak and serve right away.
Jon Shook likes to pour a spicy French red from the Rhône Valley, like a St-Joseph, with this grilled steak and hashthe wine's peppery notes meld nicely with the paprika butter. For great values in a similar style, look to France's Languedoc region.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.