- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 6-inch lengths
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons Moroccan Spice Rub
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large pita breads, for serving
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. Rub the steaks all over with 3 tablespoons of the spice rub and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, scallions, garlic, jalapeños and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spice rub. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the steaks lightly with olive oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare meat. Brush the pitas with olive oil and grill until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steaks across the grain. Transfer the steaks to a platter and serve with the toasted pita, yogurt sauce and lettuce leaves.
Smoky, chocolaty Shiraz.