- 1 1/4 cups white quinoa (about 8 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound skirt steak, cut into pieces and sliced against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1 head bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups bean sprouts
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the quinoa until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes; fluff with a fork.
In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the ginger, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Add the steak and garlic and stir-fry over high heat until the steak is browned, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the lettuce among 4 plates and top with the steak, quinoa, ginger-sesame dressing and bean sprouts.