- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 6-inch lengths
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons Moroccan Spice Rub
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large pita breads, for serving
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. Rub the steaks all over with 3 tablespoons of the spice rub and let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, scallions, garlic, jalapeños and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spice rub. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Brush the steaks lightly with olive oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare meat. Brush the pitas with olive oil and grill until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steaks across the grain. Transfer the steaks to a platter and serve with the toasted pita, yogurt sauce and lettuce leaves.
Smoky, chocolaty Shiraz.