- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 6 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-packed capers, rinsed ?and minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- Kosher salt
- 2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 5-inch lengths
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the steak and season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Season the steak with salt and pepper and let come to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan. Grill the steak over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred outside and medium-rare within, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and transfer to a platter. Spoon some of the sauce on top and serve, passing the remaining sauce at the table.
The sauce can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving?
Based in California's Santa Barbara region, winemaker Sashi Moorman has made a name for himself with his spectacular, focused Syrahs.