- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds small white or yellow potatoes (2 inches in diameter), peeled and halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, melt the butter in the oil over moderate heat until sizzling. Add the potatoes, cut side down, and cook over moderately low heat until golden brown on the bottom, about 10 minutes. Turn and cook until golden brown on the other side and tender, about 10 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.