Skillet-Roasted New Potatoes
- SERVINGS: 12
Although potato farms on the North Fork are increasingly being replaced by vineyards, you can still buy "just-dug" potatoes at roadside stands.
- 4 1/2 pounds medium red or white new potatoes, scrubbed
- 24 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 small thyme or rosemary sprigs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, garlic, olive oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a very large cast-iron skillet. Roast the potatoes for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tender; shaking occasionally. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.