- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyère cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 3/4 pound thin ramps, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
How to make this recipe
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large ovenproof skillet. Add the bread crumbs and toast over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool, then toss with the Gruyère.
- Heat the broiler. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet until just brown. Add the ramps, all facing in one direction, and cook over high heat until limp and lightly golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add the cream and cook until bubbling, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and sprinkle the bread crumb mixture.
- Set the skillet under the broiler and broil for about 30 seconds, or until lightly browned and bubbling. Serve immediately.